Oct marks the celebration of 6 years of Slyde Handboards in business. Steve and I want to send a huge thank you to all our customers and supporters.
We want to thank you for taking the time to send us photos and videos of you Slydeing, giving us amazing online reviews, recommending us to your friends and family, and of course explaining to fellow beach-goers what the heck is on your hand, then even letting them borrow your Slyde to try it out.
Your support makes our business so much fun and worth all the effort we have put into Slyde over the past 6 years.
Enjoy these EPIC highlights from 2016:
- Bula Board Co-Lab with Kaha Nalu Hawaii announced
- 5 Year Anniversary Party- Tarp Surfing & Stoke with 75+ Slyders5 year
Inertie piece "12 Good Reasons To Marry A Bodysurfer"
- 1st annual Oahu Bodysurfing Championships
- Zak Noyle Signaures Fins released
Slyde Handboards on Snapchat
- Photographer Spotlight series Launched
Interview series with Slyde Brands/People "Influencers" Launched
- Surf Expo FL
- Slyde an Amazon Exclusive Company
- Non-profit co-labs= OC Coastkeeper, Coastal Playground, Walk on Water
- Npi productions goes into production- Slyde How To Videos
French Waterman Fred David receives Slyde Handboards
- Jack's Surf Shops Sell Slydes
Sean Enoka Featured in Midweek Hawaii newspaper
- Shark Tank Airing announcement
- Shark Tank Airs with Live viewing party
- Ashton Kutcher & Mark Cuban join Slyde team
Slyde featured in Forbes, NYT, Business Insider
- Slyde Tahiti Waterman Tour launches
- Slyde Summer tour kicks off at Scrips Pier
- Ron Jon Surf Shops sells Slyde
- Wake Slyding Carlsbad
2 Full-time employees join the Slyde team, Auntie Joyce & Michelsle
- Slyde joins Mark Cuban Collection
- Surfing announced for Summer Olympics 2020
- Slyde Wins OC Business Journal for "Best Up and Coming Business"
Slyde part of SIMA
- 1st Slyde Demo Day on East Coast
Slyde Handboards Breaks of 10k Instagram Followers
- Slyde goes to Outdoor Retailer
World Bodysurfing Championships Oceanside-
Dylan 1st in Divison, Aug 3rd, Makena Women's Grand Champ
- Makena Magro becomes official Slyde Team Rider
Chubascos Bodysurfing Contest was well represented by Slyders:
Angela enters super prego, in the handplane contest Augie Cunningham is the Handplane grand champion, Joe Knickerson 3rd, Chaplin Page 4th, Jake Keville 5th
- Kick Off FB living streaming at office & Instagram Stories - behind the scenes Slyde life
Launch of new & epic Ambassador Program
2nd Annual Oahu Slyde & Kaha Nula Bodysurf Championships
- Carlos finishes 365 day wave riding challenge, $280 for skin cancer awareness
- Tales of Tahiti story revealed
- First surf park is unveiled in Austin Texas
Slyde baby named Venice is soon to be born!
Angela Ferendo grew up in Rhode Island, spending her summers on the ocean, both sailing and bodysurfing. Having a passion for sports, fitness and health, she graduated magna cum laude with a bachelors degree, double majoring in Physical Education and Health Education from Plymouth State University. She moved to California 3 different times before making it her permanent home in LA in 2012 - needless to say she has driven across the country 4 times. In her spare time she teaches zumba, runs with Cowboy the Dog, and puts up with Steve's shenanigans. Angela now wears multiple hats at Slyde including: business planning/development, customer service, logistics, sales, and finances.