Girls about to #getshacked on their handboards
There’s no doubt about it, handboarding is fun and it’s not just for the guys! Bodysurfing with a handboard is super easy to learn and you will be shredding it in no time. After my first handboard session last year I was instantly hooked and now I am bodysurfing waves that used to scare the crap out of me. If that doesn’t get you wet, (no pun intended) here are the top five reasons chicks should handboard.
- More QT time with your other half - There is nothing better than sharing your love for the ocean with your significant other. A couple that shreds togethers, stays together. Single? Say hello to hot surfers!
- Get the BEST Selfies - this reason alone will get all you duckface, instagraming girls out on a handboard. Just go straight down the line, with water spraying back at your face and wind on your hair, you never looked hotter.
- Ditch the Stinky Gym - handboarding is a sick workout. You are constantly swimming, so when you wake up the next day you are sure to be sore. I never want to see a treadmill again!
- Look Good - Okay, I admit it, I feel f’ing hot when I am in my wetsuit with my matching bodysurfing accessories - pink handboard, pink fins and a tight black Roxy wetsuit.
- GET SHACKED and BE HAPPY - I can honestly say, handboarding makes me happy. I look forward to going out every Saturday and Sunday morning, there is nothing else I would rather do.
Angela Ferendo grew up in Rhode Island, spending her summers on the ocean, both sailing and bodysurfing. Having a passion for sports, fitness and health, she graduated magna cum laude with a bachelors degree, double majoring in Physical Education and Health Education from Plymouth State University. She moved to California 3 different times before making it her permanent home in LA in 2012 - needless to say she has driven across the country 4 times. In her spare time she teaches zumba, runs with Cowboy the Dog, and puts up with Steve's shenanigans. Angela now wears multiple hats at Slyde including: business planning/development, customer service, logistics, sales, and finances.